Monday, October 20, 2008

Who do we allow to define what an American is?

clipped from scobleizer.com

I am not an American



Dave Winer wrote a post about not being a liberal.

I’m going further than Dave. I’m not an American.

I believe that those who have a different idea than I do are not only American but have a right to have a different idea than I do because of our Constitution. But what do I know, I’m not an American.
I believe that SOME wealth should be redistributed from rich people to other places to improve our society. Like paying for schools, building roads, or even helping all people get access to health care. To me that seems fair because it’s our system that enabled people to build wealth. I’m not an American.
I believe that science, technology, and education should win over religion. I’m not an American.

 blog it

No comments: